Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The tale of one book


I just love reading young adult novels, even though I am a grown women with a husband and a child. I can sit here and tell you I haven't really read a book in about 4-5 years. Yea ridiculous right. The last book i read was precious and I read it because I knew the movie was coming out and I wanted to know all the details that the movie would leave out. I was once the little girl that would carry some type of novel with me and read it whenever I had time. Books took me to another place and I could always image the words in my head and how they played out, like a scene from a movie. Recently I was on Facebook and I saw some of the ladies from my neighborhood start their own neighborhood book club. At first I was offended that they didn't even ask me if I wanted to join but then then I thought I'm leaving this place so why would I care. That had me thinking I should read a book myself. I didn't know what to choose from because it's not like I can go to the bookstore and browse the rows and rows of books and I didn't want to go to the library because I'm still waiting to be called to pick up a book I requested last year. Yea the library on post has a super long waiting list. I just happen to hop on Facebook and bam there on a page I follow they was discussing "The Miseducation of Cameron Post" they was saying how young adult books and still relevant for adults and this is a book you should read. Got more into the post and I thought I really want this book. Who wouldn't want to read a sexually confused teenager living in Montana with a bible thumping aunt. So I quickly downloaded iBooks on my iPad and looked it up and bam there it was for just 5.99 how could I not pass that book. I've been reading for two days now a chapter a night but last night I read two chapters because I couldn't sleep. I have to say I am very into it and can wait to see how things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment